One thing that comes to mind when we are experiencing having our first child, is how exciting the journey is going to be! Some people are overjoyed and cannot wait to start their new life, while other’s can be completely intimidated by the whole idea of taking care of a little human.
It can be extremely overwhelming. You not only have to change up your entire schedule, but you have to purchase new things you’ve never bought before, and you have to experience trial and error (what work best for your little babe and what doesn’t agree with them.) I decided to write an article on sought after & popular baby products ranging from but not limited to: useful tools for mom, skin care/bath products to keep your little one soft and happy, clothing, natural baby foods/products etc… New moms who are looking for answers might appreciate something like this. I hope you enjoy!
If you have never heard of The Honesty Company, now is the time to learn all about what they are producing for our babes! Jessica Alba’s natural, safe baby products are sure to make you say wow. They offer an array of different things such as eco friendly plant based material diapers, organic baby formula, baby bottles, wash, baby powder, wipes and even some things for mommies like baby carriers, organic cotton tampons, hypoallergenic laundry soap, prenatal vitamins, belly and nipple balm, deodorant and toothpaste.
Honestly Made Without: phthalates (DEHP, BBP, DBP, DMP, DEP); PVC; formaldehyde carriers; alkylphenols; benzene; TEA (Triethanolamine); MEA (Monoethanolamine); parabens; phosphates; chlorine processing; chlorinated or brominated solvents; ceteareth 20; polyethylene glycol (PEGs); resorcinol; bronopol; quaternium 15; nanoparticles; triclosan; sulfur oxides; organohalides; hexavalent chromium; DMDM hydantoin; organophosphate pesticides; 1,4 – dioxane; SLS/SLES (sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates); optical brighteners; mineral oil; petrolatum; BPA (bisphenol-A); a-chlorotoluene
And that list is still growing. I totally applaud The Honesty Company for the hard for they put into making sure our baby products are toxin free. They also honestly care about moms spending as much time with their children as possible, by offering an awesome delivery service to your doorstep. All around wonderful company, and definitely something to look into if you are expecting or already have little ones running around. You can click “The Honesty Company” written above to be redirected in a new tab to the official website. 🙂
The next company I would like to point out is Aria Organics, created by an incredibly lovely & oh-so stunning Instagram Mommy who goes by @jessicaannewood. Here’s a quote off of her website:
“When it comes to the health and well being of our babies, there is nothing more important than providing them with natural products to allow them to thrive. Studies show that About 60% of what we put on our skin is absorbed into our bodies, so when it comes to skincare for our precious babies, whose skin is five times more sensitive & delicate than our own, we want to ensure that we are only using the most pure, toxin-free and natural products on their delicate skin.”
As you can see, she is very much so dedicated to creating wonderful and safe products for our babes as well. She has a baby girl named Aria, who models all these wonderful products on the Aria Organics IG page and the official website. Let me tell you, Aria has the skin of an angel.
Another great thing about Jessica’s line of baby products is that it is all made with EDIBLE ingredients. As she understood that babies love to put their hands in their mouth and suck on their toes. One of her best sellers, the “Essential Baby Oil” is crafted with Sweet Almond Oil, Coconut Oil & Ground Wildcrafted Geijera Parviflora. Here is some info about Geijera Parviflora if you are curious about what it can do to benefit your baby:
“Used by the first nations people of Australia, Geijera parviflora has been used for more than 50 thousand years for it’s healing properties & is still being used to this very day to help maintain our health & well being. Grown only in certain parts of rural Australia, we harvest this sacred, rare plant gently by hand, wild harvesting what we need which creates future sustainability for generations to come.
- Our Essential Baby Oil has been known to help relieve the symptoms of eczema, irritated skin & cradle cap when applied to the scalp.
- Our Essential Balm has been known to help soothe the pain from cracking & discomfort which can occur when breastfeeding. It also helps provide relief from scarring and skin irritations.
- Our Serenity & Tranquility Soak have been known to help with soothing dry & itching skin caused from eczema.”
It definitely seems like a powerful ingredient if you’re dealing with sensitive skin, and you should absolutely check out her line of products if your little one struggles with eczema.
Now that I have shared with you two natural baby product lines, I want to move onto some other cool stuff that caught my eye. Let’s get right into it!
So this whole idea is totally new to me, so I apologize if it gets boring here because you’ve already seen this invention haha. This is basically like a baby formula keurig machine, I found it on Amazon last night and it literally blew my mind! Such an innovative, quick way to get your babe’s formula ready for them. It uses brand name Gerber powder formula as well so you don’t have to question it’s quality, and it also goes by the month to month requirements your baby needs in different colored “pods”. I could see this saving the day in so many situations! But first let’s take a look at it before I get into that good stuff…
So I understand most people’s argument would be that this is unrealistic and also that you would probably have to buy a ton of these formula pods considering you have to feed a baby quite a few times a day. Well here’s a thought, what if you used this for only nighttime feedings! It cuts the time in half to prepare the bottle, and you can get your little one fed and back to sleep in no time. You also won’t have to buy as many of these pods, so that means it won’t cost you a small fortune. I think this would truly be a life saver used at night. It’s hard enough to get yourself out of bed, but if you had this little number waiting for you on your counter- it would be way more motivating. 😉 You can click on the picture of the machine above (largest image) to be redirected to the amazon page where you can add it to your cart.
Next up are some beautiful cable knit baby blankets from Boll & Branch.
These lovely, soft & cuddly blankets are 100% GOTS-certified organic, and they are made with eco friendly toxin free dyes. Which is really great. Making it the perfect, safe addition to your babies room. You can click on “Boll & Branch” written above to be redirected in a new tab to their official website.
I love the idea of 100% cotton pajamas and onesies as well! Take a look at this adorable, warm baby wear from Burts Bees Baby. But first, read why they use organic cotton, and why it’s such a great choice for your babe!
- Organic cotton is a natural and breathable fiber. Whether it’s the soft and plush organic knit terry of our bath collection or the sweet baby ribbed cotton of our basics layette collection, each piece feels so wonderful against the skin.
- Organic cotton is grown without synthetic pesticides or fertilizers, so there are no residues in the fabric when it gets to your nursery. That’s good news, especially for soft and sensitive new skin.
- Organic farming methods support the land and the ecosystems around them. And organic cotton is never grown from genetically modified seed.
- Organic farming provides a viable alternative to the large-scale conventional farming model. Farmers work without the presence of toxic synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, and that’s good for both their own health and the health of the land they farm.
- Our organic cotton washes well, and not only does it hold up beautifully through wash after wash, it gets even softer over time, all the while maintaining a great fit. For you, that means more cozy wrap-ups in the softest hooded towels, more cuddles in his favorite footie pajamas, and more days at the park in her sweet and cozy dress. For us, that means a product we can stand behind with full confidence. It’s just one more way we love to help you nurture your baby, naturally.
I hope you enjoyed this post about natural, safe, toxin free baby products! Leave comments and like! 🙂